06 April 2007

Poppies, Poppies, Poppies

That is exactly what I am thinking about this weekend (other than Easter and cooking) - I have gotten both sleeves completed and they are fabulous! I want to wear them as is but will wait to finish it. By that time the weather may have warmed up and it will have to wait until next Fall but I sure could have used it the past few days- it got crazy cold here and even snowed! But before I get to Poppy pics take a look at this -

This just oozes Spring to me. We love coloring Easter eggs every year and have so much more fun now that we have Riley to share the fun with us~~

I don't know who had more fun - Riley or his Grampie .Grampie rushed home from work just to take part.


Here is my Poppy so far-sleeves-DONE!


I am doing the body of the sweater in elann collection. It is Peruvian Sierra Aran 80% Wool and 20% Alpaca in Mulberry.It is luscious yarn and oh so soft. It is so very reasonably priced that I am thinking of getting more of it to make hubby's sweater that I am planning. Take a look at elann.com they have some great prices. I love the layout of their site where they have the fiber content right there for you and you don't have to click around to find it.
This pattern really allows for your own personal touch by having you place rows of color and garter ridges randomly where you see fit. I am having a blast choosing color from the Noro Silk Garden that I used on the sleeves to place the color rows. It is letting me be me! Love it -


Everyone have a Happy Easter! C'ya - Jules

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, the sleeves look great! I love that the verigated striping makes each one look unique.

We did eggs today, too. Isn't it fun? I love it...