24 April 2007

All tied up and baby hat


I mentioned this to Dan awhile back and ever since he has been asking me for it. So I made him a tie using the Patons soy/wool. I used a pattern I found in Punk Knits By Share and Bam Ross. It is a great little knitting book I found at the library and I highly recommend it. There are several items in there that I intend to make. The tie was a fun , quick knit and Dan loves it ~ in fact , he wore it to work today. It is all done in garter stitch and had increasing and decreasing so it was good practice for me. No matter how small the project I always learn something new. This made me realize that when you do your increases or decreases you want to do it 3 or 4 stitches from the edge so you don't leave an obvious pattern line (unless that is what you want to do).


I also made a hat to go with the Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono that was previously blogged- I am going to call it Awesomely cute hat because it turned out so well.
The hat pattern was a generic one I found on the internet and I added the pom pom and the crocheted edging. Of course it is made with the Peaches and Creme 100% cotton in the same color as the kimono. I am currently working on another kimono- playing around with the sizing and making it a little bigger than the other one so Jenna can wear it when she is a little bigger towards the Fall/ Winter. She will be born in July and won't need a bunch of warm clothes so hopefully this new kimono will get some wear when the weather is chilly and she is bigger. We'll see if it works out- Will show some progress on it as it comes along.

This is not knitting related but wanted to share this little girls picture with you. She has nested in our yard on 11 eggs. It is going to be fun watching the miracle of life right in our own front yard. I will try to post pics of her and the babies when they hatch.




C'ya- Jules

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

That tie pattern is neat!

I can't believe there is a duck nesting in your yard... cute!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I know you've been walking, but what else have you been up to?

:-0
Amanda

NH Knitting Mama said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog...

NH Knitting Mama said...

OK, my friend. I'm starting to worry about you... no blogging, not a lot of walking... are things okay? Nothing happened to the baby I hope.