16 April 2007

It's hard to say Goodbye

It's bittersweet because I SO enjoyed knitting this little gem BUT...
I am so very pleased to announce that my Poppy is complete!
It was a long day on Sunday putting the finishing touches on it but I made it. Phewww! I really wanted to get it done so I can move on to other things with a clear mind.Drum roll-I am so excited how well it came out- as I was knitting the armholes I was worrying that the sleeves were not going to fit- I had a little trouble when knitting them in the beginning- as I pinned them in to get ready to sew them I was pleasantly surprised to see that they fit perfectly. I was jumping for joy as I happily sewed them in place.

The top of the front is knitted in two sections believe it or not- the Noro yarn blended nearly perfect and you can barely tell that it was done separately . I couldn't do that again if I tried-
The crocheted edging around the neckline gave me a little trouble- it was a bit wobbly for me and wouldn't lay right - I ripped it about 4 times before it suited me. Then moved on to the bottom edging- again I ripped it several times before finally calling it good enough. I was extremely picky with the details since this was my first sweater and I want to make a good impression with it. Oh and by the way - it fits me perfectly- I would have enclosed a photo of me modeling but don't have anyone around to snap a pic. It was fun and I cannot wait to start another one- I think I may wait until Fall when the weather gets chilly to cast on my second. In the meantime I have lots of things to keep me knitting. I have that new Granddaughter coming in July and I need to get really busy knitting for her. There just isn't enough hours in the day for me to accomplish everything I want to do. It is fun trying though. C'ya real soon- Jules





2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

The sweater came out beautiful, you should be proud! The finish work looks like it came out perfect.

Jamaica said...

I'm so proud of you, Mama! It's gorgeous!! So much better than anything you can buy in a store.